Macro for Slice All at Current Position & Selecting Before/After Playhead Position [Video Included]

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Convolva
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:26 am

x

Macro for Slice All at Current Position & Selecting Before/After Playhead Position [Video Included]

The video -

Okay so the video I recorded pretty much sums up the entire thing. But here is the same in text in case you are in a hurry:

Basically this post is a suggestion for two macros as the title suggests:

1. A macro for Slicing all patterns and audio clips at the current playhead position.(Playlist)

2. A macro to select things ahead/behind the playhead position (Playlist & Edison)

Now I know there is a macro to insert spaces in between the track to 'part the seas' (Alt + Insert & Ctrl + Alt + Insert) but to be able to select things we still have to use the tradition -> Ctrl + Drag and Select with the mouse over the timeline. Which I think takes more steps than required.

A simple macro on the keyboard to slice everything at the current playhead position and another to select ahead and select behind could potentially save tons of time. That combined with the macro to slice at the current playhead position could really improve workflow for producers as arrangement of a track usually involves a lot of selecting, slicing and moving things around.

I believe in the current version of FL Studio, we have to depend on the traditional Ctrl + drag to select ahead or behind the current playhead position both in the Playlist as well as Edison.

With all that said, I apologize if there already exists a macro for this. In any case please let me know if you like the suggestion, or if there is a smarter way to do this.

Regards,
Convolva

Return to “To Do”