This is a suggestion for more general scripting support in FL Studio, including functions to:
Get patterns and clips by:
- pattern/clip type, name, ID etc.,
- track and time position in Playlist,
- possibly other properties
Get/Set/Create/Modify properties of patterns and clips:
- for all clip types: playlist track, position, length etc. if applicable,
- patterns: for each channel, Piano Roll and Event Editor contents,
- automation clips: point positions and values, which parameter(s) clip is linked to, etc.
- audio clips: source file paths, sample start point etc.
...and so on, including creating new patterns and clips, filling them with data and placing them into Playlist.
- Piano Roll notes and their properties,
- automation points and their properties
- events data
Get/Set/Modify parameters :
(already partially implemented in MIDI scripting)
- channel parameters and their values
- mixer parameters and their values
- native plugin parameters and their values
- VST plugin parameters and their values
- linkings of automation clips to parameters
+ function for reading and writing files on the computer via scripting in FL Studio
The purposes of all that would be:
1. scriptable control of composition, enabling fun and useful tools to be made by users
2. import/export of composition data from/to any accessible formats (XML etc.)
3. preparation for the future of AI-assisted and algorithmic composition
Thanks for your consideration!
Post your ideas and suggestions here
1 post • Page 1 of 1
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]