The way tempo changes affect audio clips really need to be fixed

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Arti Official
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:03 am

x

The way tempo changes affect audio clips really need to be fixed

I'm sure everyone who tried working with tempo changes in a songs with audio files in them (on midi tempo changes/automation seems to work just ok) knows that's it's a nightmare to get it working. Audio clips get longer/shorter when tempo changes and everything becomes hard/impossible to navigate.

I feel like this is one of the things that still make people say FL studio isn't "professional". I know statements like that are a bit silly and heavily subjective and everyone has their opinions. Before I started recording into FL studio I didn't really know what these people were talking about cause it's such a great DAW to use after all. But then I started recording audio and the first song I tried to make with some tempo changes in it made me realize how bad of an experience it is.

Hate to say it but with regards to working with audio and tempo changes in songs FL studio is still not up to standards we can see in nearly every other major DAW out there. I really feel like it's one of those things that FL studio really needs and would help it immensely with building even stronger position among other DAWs. I'm saying this because I feel that if there is one reason someone working on their song, movie score or game soundtrack (and I'm talking mainly about major productions because they often do lots of recording with various instruments, and not just midi based software synthesizers) would have to point out to NOT use FL studio it would be the argument that working with audio here is just a worse experience than in other DAWs.

I really, really hope these issues are going to be resolved in the future releases of FL studio (maybe in FL21?). There's LOTS of people working with audio in FL studio and I saw it mentioned many times that the way tempo changes work with audio clips needs to be fixed (here, here, here, here, here, and here). It just feels necessary to address this issue and there's everything to gain for this great piece of software if this was implemented correctly.

I understand that if it's not an easy task (if it was it would most likely be done by now) and probably some major changes in code have to be made so I understand it takes time to plan & implement everything. So take your time, developers. I'm just going to wait (while making songs without tempo changes hehe).

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Milinor
Technical Support
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:53 am

x

Re: The way tempo changes affect audio clips really need to be fixed

I think it's normal that audio lengths get long...

Milinor
Technical Support
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:11 pm

x

that shorter or longer length is the original l...

Milinor
Technical Support
Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:10 pm

x

SArti Official wrote: Have you actually tried w...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milinor
Technical Support
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:22 pm

x

Arti Official wrote:because it's a hard thing t...

(A-i) Arc Inverted
Wed May 10, 2023 9:54 am

x

Hey, I know this might be a bit late... I don't...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ADahl
Wed May 10, 2023 11:15 am

x

Hi, Have you read the whole thread? This metho...

Milinor
Technical Support
Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:47 pm

x

dinhaz wrote: ↑Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:12 pm FL has ...

Milinor
Technical Support
Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:52 pm

x

Arti Official wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:08 pm ...

guitaristafeather
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:11 am

x

This is still an issue, however I do have long ...

Return to “To Do”