Parenting of Clips

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Ayjent
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:45 am

x

Parenting of Clips

I've spent a good deal of time thr past year or so learning animation in Blender. What a huge learning curve btw. But its taught some interesting approaches to artisgic workflow and manipulation of elements.

One of the most important concepts is parenting because of the open multidimensional space you operate in to place objects. But is pretty free form much like the FLS playlist. I bring this up because it seems to me that parenting could be a solution to better clip management without requiring more levels of playlist header subgroups (although that could be very complimentary). Very similar concept to grouping but allows for a hierarchy structure when moving child that doesn't move parent, but parent moves all children. For instance, you select children clip(s) and then left click on clip you want and select "make parent". The playlist could also include faint connection lines from parent to children (an option you could turn on or off).

Double clicking on parented clips shows all related channels in CR and sorted by hierarchy.

Return to “To Do”