Open effect/vst on selected mixer/playlist channel from windows folder?

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
more plastic
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:34 pm

x

Open effect/vst on selected mixer/playlist channel from windows folder?

Hi FL Studio team,

The subject of this post might sound a bit weird, but let me explain.
I have considered getting a stream deck for multiple reasons, that I won't get into now, since the post would be waaaay too long.

But one of those reasons is for example to open plugins using the stream deck. And the way I wanted to do that is by ''opening a preset file''.

For example, if you save a patcher preset, it creates a file in your patcher preset folder. if you double click that file in your windows/mac folder, it will open the preset in FL Studio. But it adds it to the master, NOT the mixer channel you have selected.
Would it be possible for this to open on your selected mixer channel?

Also, I know that you right now can't select/mark playlist tracks (i think I read somewhere that you have looked into doing this?), but if you were able to mark playlist tracks, it would be awesome if I could do the same as mentioned with effects, but with VSTs.
So if I open a Serum preset, it will open a new instance of serum (with that preset file) on the selected playlist track.

Our workflow right now is right-clicking on the playlist track and add a VST as an instrument track so it automatically links to a mixer channel (THANK YOU for doing this btw).

Return to “To Do”