Automation Clip Rulers (as in: horizontal aid lines with snapping functionality)

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
BinaryBorn
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:20 pm

x

Automation Clip Rulers (as in: horizontal aid lines with snapping functionality)

Hello there!

Sometimes I miss horizontal rulers in automation clips. For example when I'm automating volume - I may have found a good value for the verse, and for the chorus another value fits better. In that situation rulers would come in handy: not only would they allow you to set up visual guides, but if your automation points would snap to them, long sessions of "Copy value"/"Paste value" could be history. Furthermore, if automation points would remember to which ruler they snapped, they could be implemented in a way, that changing a ruler's value would move attached automation points along.

Here's a visualisation of my idea:
fls-automation-clip-rulers.png
Of course, having more than one would almost be necessary for this feature to make sense. I guess 8 would be a good amount. Rulers set to 0 would be inactive - unless some points were previously attached to them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BinaryBorn on Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ayjent
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:47 pm

x

Re: Automation Clip Rulers

I thought this was going to about a musical tim...

BinaryBorn
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:42 am

x

Re: Automation Clip Rulers (as in: horizontal aid lines with snapping functionality)

You're right. The term ruler is ambiguous. I ed...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sinapsa11
Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:01 am

x

Re: Automation Clip Rulers (as in: horizontal aid lines with snapping functionality)

I support this idea. This would be such a time ...

Last bumped by BinaryBorn on Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:01 am.

Return to “To Do”