Foldering: Ghost folder-scheme and BETTER SAVING

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Ac2100
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:55 am

x

Foldering: Ghost folder-scheme and BETTER SAVING

When I create a folder, with some drum kits and loops, that I wanna use in future projects, I would like the daw organized like this:

1.a) the sound-folder should be placed in image - line/data/packs/blabla folder, as a unique folder with original samples,
1.b) the sounds can then be organized in fl studio, with a more convincing, intuitive, and profound browser: samples should be duplicable, and placed in different folders, named, rated, categorized, colored, with button and functions in their right spaces, cause now it is all a mess in the little arrow-menu, in my opinion; let's say it could be seen as always, as a side bar widget, but then also immediately expanded as to search and organize sounds or projects or vst/presets... Obviously, the sounds should be only a link to the original audio file, placed in the original folder.
2.a) saving process is an important step, and for that reason, windows shouldn't be trusted in this. A noob, clicks save (save a project..) , and then windows menu pops up. there should not be anymore save/save as/file settings/import/export/user data folder separation, these function coexist and should be in one button, save. Then in save, you should watch at a beautiful image-line graphic (maybe made by us who knows) with all the settings, names, descriptions, functionalities that changes depending if you wanna save or export, for example. Then, after the user set all the settings right, with no samples around the globe, let the window's windows pop up. But it is not finished
2.b) I used a bit of pro tools and that program taught me that samples, in a beat or a song or whatever, are important where you place them. In fl (I was stuck at version 20.1 till this morning, haven't tested out everything yet), saving all the samples used, like kicks and snares, and frozen melodies, in one folder per project, it is not impossible, neither so much difficult (it took me a while discovering the functions), but really slow slow and not intuitive, and the workflow in fl could reach high speeds so put everything in one place, it's simple: In this ideal "saving menu", put a tick with this sentence: *when saving the project, create a new folder for it*, and then another one: *export data used in the project*, like every audio used or recorded. This last one could include presets.

This last problem/idea, was due also to the complexity and too much semplicity of edison; With the drag button (the one with the arrow), you can easely take a recorded audio into the playlist, but where does it save it? With discipline, patience, and knowledge (sliced audio folder, but take mine: yesterday I had to pull out 2 years of I don't know what samples of the that folder, but then I don't know if those project will find those samples so easily) , you can find a solution for everything with this daw and that is the beauty, but these 2 subjects need a work of reorganization and cleaning.

Return to “To Do”