Update ideas

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Dura_Musix
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:06 pm

x

Update ideas

Hey there, (I know you have a specific sup site for these suggestions but I'm not sure where to find it)
In my opinion FL is the most intuitive and best DAW. The piano roll is clean and supports every workflow. You can decide whether you want to set it up like a multi-window program, where you have to switch between every single “layer” even more or less or if you want to have everything just opened, to be able to see every thing with one view. However for me, who makes EDM and film score/media score there are some slight things I’d change or implement:
1. A new Video-View option please xD:
The Fruity Video Player, who is suggested by your sup team is kinda okay.. but here in the film com we’d love to see a “in time-line” option.. just drag and drop a clip in and you’d be able to see it - that would be perfect. Because sometimes you just have to move things around, which wasn’t that easy yet.
2. More Mixer-attacks
Again a problem, mainly occurring in the score com: When you have more or less a template with 100-300 “Instrument” Tracks in the time line.. you have to decide if you link them or not - because then you wouldn’t have the space for effects and stuff.. everybody’s working around this with having multiple projects but guys, that’s not the solution at all ;)
3. Time-Line MIDI edit:
I dont know how I should call this one tho xD You know it from other bigger daws (I really don’t want to advert them): You have a midi pattern (and a up set template with the “instrument track” option selected because it’s better for those purposes) maybe on a Violine and just want to also have it on a synth.. now you have duplicate the pattern, cut the notes, paste them onto the new instrument and drag the whole thing on a the “synth” instrument track.. it would be easier, if it would be possible to just drag the midi in the time line up and down around, and if the instrument track mode is selected, it would automatically change the instrument.. I think it would mess anything up because most people don’t use instrument track option I guess...
4. Automation recording..
both genre producers know that.. I know it was already said a few times.. but please.. when I automate the vel of a track I don’t want to have it in a Pattern, I want to have a automation clip xD - but be careful tho - sometimes it’s better to have automation (for example mod or dynamics/expression) in the pattern.. a chose option here would be nice
I hope you understand everything.. :))
And again.. Fl is the best - but the 4 things would make it even better :) have a nice
Yours
Dura

[Topic moved by Milinor]

Return to “To Do”