FL Studio tools UI Update. Will we see it soon?

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
DDOne
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:38 am

x

FL Studio tools UI Update. Will we see it soon?

Hello guys.
Before I begin:
I hope this does not come a cross as talking down on the efforts being put on FL Studio so far, but rather a suggestion, as often the look it self is enough to modernise a product, given the algorithm behind is most in time the same or with minor tweaks. :D

I was wondering if aside from new features, you were also considering updating the UI of some of the included software (some of which are likely to be as old as FL Studio it self).
The reason why I am saying that is because I'm conscious that many of the tools that come with FL Studio are pretty good in what they do, but often in time, the UI only is enough as a turn off.
  • For example we have Fruity Delay. Fruity Delay 2 especially is so small that it is dificult to use, indeed that is the main reason why I most often use Waves H-Delay, although I'm pretty sure that most of the delay effects I use, I could do them with FL Studio's integretated one without having to spend extra bucks for third party software.

I have added a screenshot for coparison. On Fruity Delay 2, for example, one can barely read what's written (the ability to enalrge it would already solve good part of its flaws)
    2021-04-19 10_54_28-Window.png
  • A similar situation purges Fruity dB meter.
    The meter on the Mixer is too small (but normal), so one would call for the Fruity dB meter for a finer look at the values, but the values on the left side are too small no matter how much you enalrge the GUI of the tool (enlarging it, only extends the dB bars, which does not really add more value if the numeric values cannot be well seen). I could call it accessibility issues.
    2021-04-19 11_05_29-Window.png
The above mentioned issues affect many other very useful, but difficult to use tools that FL Studio provides (Most computers use a way higher resolution than those of 10 years ago. I think some update should be applied to reference that change of circumstances).
So all in all, if not a redesign of the overall look of the tools, at least the ability to enlarge them, should also help greatly.

• Lastly, there is a peculiarity of FL Studio that to this day I think many struggle to get used to, which is the fact that VALUES and HINTS don't appear on the ITEM being modified, but only on the HINT BAR.
    It feels very weird to be moving a KNOB on the RIGHT side of the screen and having to look at the a bar on the TOP LEFT of the screen.
    Kinda forcing people to develop crossed eyes
    crossed.png
    It looks like a small thing, but it heavily slows down the workflow.
Again, personally I had to give up on that and work with third party tools for the most, but in a way or the other we're always back at it for the rest of the native features.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”