FL Studio Tempo Slave

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
LaytonChavez
Thu May 13, 2021 5:21 am

x

FL Studio Tempo Slave

I would love to have FL’s tempo to be slaved to another midi device such as a drum machine like the one I have the Roland TR8S. I mostly use FL for production however I have been using FL to DJ purely out of limitless possibilities with chops, effects and what not. The only thing is that the tempo can be changed via paramater control yes, but the mapping formula is super hard to figure out so that a tiny movement on a slider doesn’t go up by 21.638 bpm. If FL could be slaved tempo wise by a midi device that sends tempo data, it would be sick. Apart from sticking in songs on the fly, you could basically plan a set and perform a show set on a drum machine & midi controller/keyboard with pads, faders & knobs controlling different parameters (HP&LP Filter, Gross Beat, FX Parameters & so on)

I’d love to hear a reply. Thanks Team!

Ps, I know that MTC Wrapper exists, however, due to it being in a Beta format, there are soooo many workarounds that are unbelievably painful to work with. MTC Wrapper allows me to use FL as slave, however any instrument midi information triggers samples within MTC wrapper. I could list a billion problems with MTC wrapper, however, I would just love it if FL Studio could be slaved tempo wise & I could I wouldn’t have to use MTC wrapper at all.

Thank you again :)

Davide 123
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:24 pm

x

Re: FL Studio Tempo Slave

I don't think fl studio can be slaved to an ext...

Return to “To Do”