Please change default preset of fruity limiter

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ercet
Tue May 18, 2021 1:42 am

x

Please change default preset of fruity limiter

Hello, I'm a daily fl studio user next to reaper and I actually like fruity plugins. My request is about FL's default limiter settings with both compression and limiter tabs. People tend to use it in it's default settings and not touch the buttons they don't know much, and if that settings don't work for them they just thinks the plugin is not good enough. For this reason I think you can tweak a lot of plugins' default settings, but my request is on fruity limiter for now because I cannot think any suggestions for other plugins right now :D. This would be a good little thing for newcomers.

First of all I think release of the limiter section is not so long but it might do kind of pumping when in a bit much of gain, a lot of people I searched on the net were suggesting starting from 50ms and go longer if needed. So I'm agreeing on it. It's default state is not bad though. And the attack could be lowered to 1 or half ms to get a little less "default" latency.

And my main request reason is the compressor section. First sustain/peak window of the compressor. It would work smoother in 5 ms so I'm usually going for somewhere around that a lot of times. The release is kinda long for me I usually go between 50-100 ms for it and works better on short articulated things. I just want it to not compress my quiet syllable next to a loud one when I try to tame some peaks of my rap vocals :D I think you can discuss a good number for it.

One of my friend still using that fruity compressor because people said him to use compressor and there writes compressor on it. I think fruity limiter can have two presets in that "add plugin" menu thing in compressor and limiter modes, so compressor mode can come with zero look ahead by default. I close it everytime I add it as a compressor. Yeah this can sound dumb but I got some patcher presets in my add plugin menu to open them quickly, you can also think about that :D

Sidechain HP/LP filter, a knee can go downwards the treshold, oversampling, and things that might not came to my mind now these could be nice if you're thinking about a fruity limiter 2 or an update like eq

Return to “To Do”