(Implementation Examples /w Pictures) A python synth programmer for users to create user plugins for FL Studio

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Muzout
Mon May 24, 2021 4:24 am

x

(Implementation Examples /w Pictures) A python synth programmer for users to create user plugins for FL Studio

I want to start by saying, these ideas do not have to be followed to a T.
Also, I have based these features on things that exist in fl studio right now (20.9 BETA 2).
Note: This suggestion is not suggesting a "Max for live" style ui or program (This would still give the same result though). See below pictures.

Pictures below.

I will do my best to go in-depth with the ideas and how they work. Let's begin

I want to start by clarifying what I'm really asking for. A python synth programmer for users to create user plugins.

Python:
The word python is used because you make the plugins in python.
I chose python because it is a language that fl studio already uses.
Also, the learning curve is less steep than other programming languages.

Synth:
I want this to be a plugin like ZGameEditor.
Also, I believe it should be runnable in Patcher (Picture 1).

Programmer:
When I mean Programmer, I basically mean a text editor that colors syntax and shows special fl imports (Picture 2).
Starting out, just a place to put text would be enough.

For users:
Obviously, users should be able to use it.

Create user plugins:
I would like if the plugins could be "compiled" into a single file which would allow users to share their creations.

Final thing before the pictures. Why remake a graphical ui editor when you have Control Surface.
Control Surface:
This is where your work becomes easier. Control Surface is a good choice for ui (Picture 3).
There might need to be some more additions to Control Surface elements, but that just comes with time (Picture 3).

Picture 1:
Python Programmer.png
Picture 2:
Python Scripter.png
Picture 3:
Python Surface.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally, I think a "Max for Live" style device is pointless and time-consuming.
When you give people access to raw code, users will make tools, that makes writing code easier.
Most likely a "Max for live" style ui will be made by the user-base, to make writing code easier. So don't bother.
Just give people the raw tools and resources to build a house, and they will build a house.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your consideration.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”