Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
thisisthedefinition
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:55 pm

x

Programming step movement in Patcher knobs

TLDR
I am looking to have the movespeed value be 0.08333325386047 since this represents a semitone in Kilohearts resonator, while also being able to have the minimum value of the knob in Patcher/Control Surface be the lowest key that I'd like to use; ie: A which is equal to 0.574999988079071

Is there a way I can define the movement of Patcher knobs more precisely?

I'm trying to set up a resonator rack that uses Kilohearts Resonator and I'd like to have the knobs move in semitones. Currently I have the math figured out on how far each semitone is from another, but Patcher does not allow anything under 1 to be used for movement speed, making this rather difficult. Is there a way to program the Formula controller to translate this or will Patcher possibly receive an update so that I can define smaller values?

I'll include some screenshots/math below to try and show what I mean. The first is a picture of where the movespeed is located, the second is the speed I input and the third is what Patcher reads it as (where you can see that it did not accept the number I gave it.)

A

A#

Difference/Semitone step.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milinor
Technical Support
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:09 am

x

Re: Programming step movement in Patcher knobs

Hi what if you increase the max value? what n...

thisisthedefinition
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:06 pm

x

Hello there and thanks for the reply Milinor. ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milinor
Technical Support
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:43 am

x

Hi I checked your preset although I didn't hav...

thisisthedefinition
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:37 pm

x

AHHHH, I GOT IT TO WORK! By using a Fruity Fo...

Milinor
Technical Support
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:54 am

x

Well, you did it all by the way, there is a re...

Return to “To Do”