Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Vincent Zauhar
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:05 am

x

Navigation and mouse gestures improvements in NewTime

Hi there,

I know that Audio manipulation directly in the Playlist is a high priority for FL21, but I still wanted to comment on the fact that NewTime feels very clumsy to use at the moment. I think that one big reason for this is that shortcuts and mouse gestures and behavior are not the same compared to the Piano Roll or Playlist. For instance, to pan the view around in NewTime, we can't use Middle Mouse click+drag like everywhere else, which I think is very frustrating. For some reason, middle-click selects a region between two markers, when Ctrl+Click already does the same.

Furthermore, another reason for that clumsiness is probably that the animations are not smoothed out like in the piano roll when zooming horizontally, and also because the sensitivity of the scrolling when zooming is too slow or at least not the same as the Piano Roll and Playlist. For that reason it doesn't feel natural.

I strongly believe that bringing parity regarding the feeling and gestures of NewTime (and also NewTone) compared to what we have in the Playlist and Piano Roll would make them much more enjoyable to use.

Thanks!

Return to “To Do”