More cool effects

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
BlueEyes
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:00 am

x

More cool effects

I think FL Studio needs more cool plugins for crazy sound designers like me or anybody that want to create heave dubstep basses, weird glitches and more.. After few years of playing with FL Studio's stock plugins I can tell that they are pretty powerful but also sometimes lacking possibilities or they're not here at all.. I'm so in love with the new frequency shifter but we need more!
I think the major problem with FL studio stock effects is that it relies on the patcher too much.. It's true that you can program whole new "plugins" in patcher but this ends up as an extreme load on CPU.
Many of effects that can provide similar results after some tweaking are little unintuitive. What I feel about FL Studio is that is perfect for audio nerds who want to think deeply about programming the sound but these days people just want to make music I guess and even with the all plugin bundle i don't really feel like there are enough creative tools to make awesome noises.
Some plugins needs upgrade or even a new version and more tools and cool effects needs to be added.
Before you try to comment with things like "there are so many alternatives in FL studio for everything" i tried a lot of them and the sound is not as good as desired.
List of effects:
True peak limiter (or Fruity Limiter 2)
Grain delay
Tonal Delay
Resonator
EQ with more controls such as M/S processing (could be a Parametric EQ 3)
Better multiband compressor (with the Maximus the lowest possible level you can operate with when you draw your own curves is -18dB... C'mon guys, seriously?)
Fruity Filter (It's a disaster, it creates weird spikes when automating the cutoff, no visual representation of the slope and the "2x" button as being the only possible control of the slope is just oooff... No good)
Pan-O-Matic (truly appreciate the visual feedback for the LFO but I would like to have a tempo snap option instead...)
Gate plugin with sidechain option
Saturation plugin (Waveshaper is fine but again 3 knobs with some % value instead of dB....??)
Fruity balance upgrade (funny that it's in "Gain" category but you can gain only 6 db... If the knob default 0dB value is in the middle of the knob that would be great.
and also it would be pretty good to upgrade the "input value" option so you're not able to put just % value which could be confusing sometimes but also dB value or semitones value.

Also there are more ridiculous facts about the effects like why do we have a Fruity Limiter and Fruity compressor and Maximus and Multiband compressor?
Instead I would love to have Maximus, Limiter, Gate, compressor like four independent plugins that can do the job right instead of having Fruity Limiter with gate, saturation and compressor all in one where the worst part is that the limiter itself (compared to let's say Pro L2) feels more like a baby toy.
Some people would say "Just buy yourself some 3rd party high quality VSTs" and so I did, bought the ShaperBox for sidechain and guess what? It's not working properly because the midi out doesn't align with the PDC so the sidechain is out of sync (so I spent money on ShaperBox to use fruity balance with envelope controller 👏👏👏)

Tbh I love FL Studio and it's environment but it's potential is much much higher than usefulness on it's own.

Please make FL Studio a game changer for sound designers with the 21st version and let us make more music and less programming.

Milinor
Technical Support
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:43 pm

x

Re: More cool effects

interesting topic it also reminds me of some go...

BlueEyes
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:22 pm

x

Yes please! It would be awesome to have some ne...

4mB
Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:32 pm

x

Wow I can't believe what I just read!!!

BlueEyes
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:43 pm

x

In adition.. I liked the old style of your effe...

BlueEyes
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:55 pm

x

Milinor wrote: ↑Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:43 pm inter...

rareguy
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:08 am

x

Does FL studio have Ringmod? I reckon WASP XT h...

BlueEyes
Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:32 am

x

rareguy wrote: ↑Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:08 am Does F...

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:33 am

x

rareguy wrote: ↑Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:08 am Does F...

Milinor
Technical Support
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:07 am

x

BlueEyes wrote: ↑Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:55 pm The ...

BinaryBorn
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:29 am

x

Evyi wrote: ↑Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:33 amyou can al...

BlueEyes
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:32 am

x

BinaryBorn wrote: ↑Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:29 am Ev...

BinaryBorn
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:09 pm

x

BlueEyes wrote: ↑Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:32 am If y...

Return to “To Do”