Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Gameboi-X
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:26 am

x

Channel Rack

Hello,

I think it would be very helpful to have an 'Assign Free Mixer Track' option when right clicking channels in the channel rack, and possibly even middle/scroll-wheel clicking (as a shortcut that does the same thing as Ctrl-L).

I like to use Ctrl-L, however, the 2 buttons are far away from each other and it makes it cumbersome to use the shortcut and then I stop using it.

Currently, these are the available options for me:
ImageImage

There is an 'Assign to new instrument track', which, "essentially" does the same thing as getting it into the mixer automatically to an empty Insert/Mixer Track channel, however it is not the same thing and you would have to click 'Assign to new instrument track' and then 'Unassign from instrument track' to get the same results as Ctrl-L.

It would make sense to have the option on at least the 'Target Mixer Track' scroller:
Image...

but it would also be very convenient to have it on both that and the right click context/option menus on these

There is already a feature for this, however getting to it can be annoying sometimes, especially with 3rd party VSTi's, and some FL VSTi's, Examples:

Easy (FL): Sampler (drums/audio etc):

Not as Easy (FL): 3x Osc:

Not as Easy (3rd Party): Spire:

Essentially, it's a feature that already exists, I'm just hoping it can be optimized as a quality of life improvement.

Thanks for reading and considering this suggestion.

Return to “To Do”