Match piano roll note start and/or ends as automation clip points

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Noedell
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:03 pm

x

Match piano roll note start and/or ends as automation clip points

Hi there, I was wondering if there is an option available which does exactly the thing stated in the subject part of this topic; which is: Match piano roll note start and/or ends as automation clip points.

Let me explain a bit further.
I have a violin VST I want to automate a few parameters for, per note played in the piano roll. But for every note (which are not snapped to grid) I have to painstakingly right click to add a point to the automation clip at the exact same time which is (as you probably can imagine) a pain in the old royal behind :lol: I have looked around in all the atriculator tools, but what I want to do is not there. Am I missing something?

So to be concrete, this is my suggestion:
suggestion.jpg
(This image is just an example and not at all as complex as the notes in my project)

As you can see in the image There are circles as to where I would want to match (or paste) the automation clip points. There are two which are a diffrent color, this is because the piano roll notes "overlap" Maybe it would be an option to select something like "match overlapping notes ON or OFF" As when you turn the option ON, All the note starts and ends would be points in the automation clip, and when you turn it OFF, only the start of the first note and the end of the last note (for the overlapping notes) would be converted to points in the automation clip". And "Match note start only" and/or "Match note ends only".

It would look something like this:

Inside piano roll > Drop down menu > Select >
(these are the four options, the last one is an on/off checkmark)
Copy note start points
Copy note end points
Copy both start and end points
Match overlapping notes [√]

Inside Playlist > Automation clip> Right click top left button on automation clip > Atriculator tools > Paste piano roll notes as points > Done

To be clear, this is JUST to add the points. any further values or automation point type is NOT what I mean to copy with this option.
I think this will help a TON for us scoring music with "real instruments"

I hope my suggestion is understandable :)
But more so, I hope this is ALREADY possible and I just didn't find the right option. :lol:

Thanks in advance!

PS: Any comment and or suggestion that adds to this suggestion would be very helpful!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Noedell on Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Audiobusters
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:59 pm

x

Re: Match piano roll note start and/or ends as automation clip points

I like the idea but how would the Automation Cl...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”