Better Support for Renaming Channels/Tracks

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
brownacid
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:31 am

x

Better Support for Renaming Channels/Tracks

I love how you can now link channels, playlist tracks & mixer tracks together, so that when you rename or recolor one, all three are kept in synch.

To take this feature to the next level, it would be awesome if FL Studio could remember which patterns also include the name of a channel, and keep those in synch accordingly. The most important use cases for this feature would be
  • Split a pattern by channel - creates a set of patterns called ORIGINAL_PATTERN - CHANNEL
  • Create an automation clip on a channel rack control - creates a pattern called CHANNEL - TWEAKED_CONTROL
These actions produce patterns whose names include the name of a channel. If I later rename that channel, it would be a big help if I didn't then have to go through all the associated patterns and manually rename them as well. Ideally it would even keep the colors in synch, so if I recolor a channel or change its icon, the associated patterns would be updated to match.

Obviously in some cases the patterns will have been renamed or made unique in the meantime, in which case the link with the original channel will be broken, but in other cases FLS should be able to help me keep my project organized.

Maybe an alternative would be a global "search and replace" function? That might be simpler in some ways, for the renaming part at least.

Return to “To Do”