We need Patcher macro automation (edit: enabled by default)- A quality of life request

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
TomFrequency
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:19 pm

x

We need Patcher macro automation (edit: enabled by default)- A quality of life request

Will there ever be a way to modulate our buttons, knobs, sliders and XYZ controllers on our custom Patcher presets without having to modulate each individual plugin? Surely that is what these macro controllers are for.

In my opinion, this is an important quality of life update that will benefit us greatly especially with complex patches with lots of plugins. Normally we must painstakingly automate the knobs of each individual plugin in our increasingly complex patches. Meanwhile, we have a convenient macro on the surface panel that we cannot modulate, all made more annoying, when the desired parameters are controlled by that macro. This creates needless headaches

Basically: Most, if not all, plugins in the DAW have external modulation options why not Patcher?

Other things I want for Patcher is:
• A peripheral FM/RM/AM plugin with multiple inputs. Call it Fruity FM? Or Fruity Modulator?
Think Sytrus’s or Toxic Biohazard’s mod matrix but with different sources modulating each other. Eg, a sample FMing a bass and vice versa.
PS, allow us to modulate Sytrus’s mod matrix just like Toxic Biohazard if one can why not the other.

• Allow more plugins to be used in Patcher.
Some plugins i.e., 3xOSC and sampler cannot be used in Patcher

TLDR: give one of my favourite plugins some TLC and add some of these changes specifically button, knob, slider and XYZ automation.
From a frequent user of FL studio, thank you for working on FL and please consider my idea, it will help a lot of people who use Patcher.
Last edited by TomFrequency on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BinaryBorn
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:23 pm

x

Re: We need Patcher macro automation - A quality of life request

What exactly do you mean by modulate? The abili...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”