Newtime could use some optimization

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Nayah9
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:48 pm

x

Newtime could use some optimization

Newtime is a much needed and welcome addition to FL. However trying to work in sync with the rest of the project is a pretty convoluted process.

Having to manually load a sample into Newtime is an extra step I can live with it.
What's a little more frustrating is all the hoops I have to jump through just to be able to monitor my edits in sync with the song in the playlist.
The usual process is as such:

- If you made some cuts to your audio clip, make sure to "make unique as sample" before loading your sample into Newtime to avoid sync problems. Otherwise Newtime ignores audio clip length and opens the whole sample, meaning you have to painstakingly try to re-sync the audio with the playlist in Newtime.
- Make sure you open Newtime in the 1st FX slot of your sample's mixer track. That way the volume doesn't drop and you can hear the post FX in realtime. DO NOT use the audio clip menu's "Time-warp sample" method to open Newtime as it will open Newtime in the last mixer track (Insert 125) which is no good.
- Activate the "Slave playback to host" button
- Right click the "Slave playback to host" button and select "Ignore host selection"
- Right click the "Slave playback to host" button and select "Ignore spacebar key"
- Mute the audio track in the playlist so it doesn't overlap with Newtime
- Select the audio clip in the playlist, then in the playlist menu, navigate to "Select" and click "Select time around selection" (Ctrl+Enter)
- Now you can start editing your sample in Newtime
- Drop the new sample on top of the old one in the playlist
- Un-mute the audio track
- Repeat

Ideally, Newtime's functionality would be integrated straight into the playlist like in Ableton.
I'm sure I'm not the first person to bring this up. This is just another reminder I guess...

You can do it, Image Line!
Last edited by Nayah9 on Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tomaschavez00
Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:58 am

x

Re: Newtime simply DOESN'T CUT IT!

It's been suggested several times. In the meant...

Nayah9
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:31 am

x

Re: Newtime simply DOESN'T CUT IT!

tomaschavez00 wrote: ↑Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:58 am ...

Return to “To Do”