Copy/Paste/Delete MW PB and AT Data

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Teksonik
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:08 pm

x

Copy/Paste/Delete MW PB and AT Data

The only thing that's really missing for me in FL Studio at least in regards to function and not aesthetics is the ability to copy/paste or delete Modwheel, Pitch Bend, and Aftertouch data as we can now with Note On/Off and Velocity data. A simple "copy all" option would work here.

Say I record a performance from my midi keyboard and in that performance I use the Mod Wheel to add Vibrato to some notes, use Aftertouch to open the filter for some notes and use Pitch Bend to do bends on some notes. That data becomes part of the performance. Remove that data and the performance will not sound as recorded.

Now I want to copy that performance to another generator or to the same generator in a different pattern. Note On/Off and Velocity Data are copied but not MW PB and AT data.

I'd have to manually copy each of them every time by going in to the browser, finding the generator, then finding the parameter then copy the data.....every time. It's basically a workflow brick wall.

Another scenario is say I record in Song mode and my performance goes over by a note or two but there is some performance data as well. No problem just delete the notes but the performance data is not deleted so I have to either go in and manually draw the data out or once again go into the browser, find the generator, etc etc.

Same with Cut/Paste. The Notes and Velocity are Cut but other performance data is left behind needing to be manually deleted.

So to sum up MW,PB, and AT data are just as much a part of a performance as Note On/Off/Velocity and should be treated as such during Copy/Paste/Delete. Again an option to "Copy All Data or "Delete All Data" would do the trick. 8)

Return to “To Do”