Patcher Functionality

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
terrance_c93
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:36 am

x

Patcher Functionality

I want to use patcher to load in a vst (addictive drums 2) and then send each channel out of the vst through individual instances of Edison and then route to individual mixer tracks. My goal is to be able to play midi through patcher which will run the vst and record all output channels into Edison. When I playback I want to disable the vst and play what is stored in each instance of edison simultaneously. This will conserve CPU tremendously.
I need a few changes in functionality to make this happen:
1. For some reason the vst outputs only map to sends 1-4 in patcher and I can't use added outputs. I can send a video of this if necessary.
2. I need to be able to stop each instance of edison and not just pause through patcher inputs. This is so the timing will reset to 0 therefore when I press play again it will start from the beginning. It would be even better if there were a mode in Edison that would align its time selection with that of the playlist!
3. I need to be able to use the master play and stop buttons in FL to trigger the play and stop of edison inside of patcher.
4. I need to be able to push the audio out of each instance of edison to the mixer track it is linked to. I intend to have a mixer track linked to a playlist track.
5. And this would be a major bonus. Allow custom naming of keys in the piano roll that can be saved as presets. Right now I use BROS articulate and it's an unnecessary step in the process.

In the end I will create a gui on surface that gives me the following buttons/inputs:
1. Toggle between vst and waveform playback modes.
2. Toggle edison recording.
3. Play and stop that i can toggle a switch to have it linked to the master play and stop.
4. Push wav to playlist of each mixer track.
5. Toggle edisons time tracking to match that of the playlist.

Engineers at Image-Line this would change the game. I would want to do it for my guitar amp sim vst's eventually. But instead of midi it would be DI. I am extremely eager to see if this happens. Thanks for your time.

Return to “To Do”