Request: Plugin manager improvements

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Bieks
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:50 am

x

Request: Plugin manager improvements

I have too many plugins. This is of course, not your fault. I have had some computer issues lately which lead to formatting my PC a few times. Also not your fault, but I have had a lot of interaction with the plugin manager recently and my inner Karen feels it could be better.

Stuff that I like to see added or changed:

1: Auto naming the automatically generated .fst file of plugins in accordance with their type
I have both the "combine VST and VST3" and "combine the 32 and 64 bit version" scan options active. However, I still see a whole lot of the same plugins that have not been combined either way.
I would like to see the option of plugin manager (automatically) adding a suffix in the registered name that indicates if it's a VST or a VST 3, and if it's 32 bit. I know that the browser does display it, but only after mouseover. I have a lot of VST.fst and VST_2.fst files and no clue which one is for which plugin until I open FL Studio.
I do know that is precisely the program to open them in, it's still kind of a hassle though.

2: Being able to select multiple plugins at once
The plugin manager assumes you are there to either scan new plugins or add a single plugin to a single track. However, if you want to organise your plugins a bit deeper "is this an effect or a synth", it would be nice to somehow have an option to add like 20 to favorites at once (for instance when you acquire a bundle of plugins from the same manufacturer). I am aware you can change the text when you click favourite, but only one at a time

3: Automatically sort plugins
Other DAWS at least make an effort to sort 3rd party plugins, FL studio just does effect or synth and then tosses them in "New". I doubt accurately reading 3rd party plugins what type of effect or generator they are is possible. (VST2 truly is a lawless wasteland sometimes)
However, simply mimicking the subfolder hierarchy in the scanned vstplugins folder(s) would be a great help.

4: A tag system for plugins
It'd be really easy to organise plugins through just having a few standard tags that you can add to them, for instance the standard categories FL studio sorts it's native plugins under.

All very minor stuff tbh and probably not very applicable to many users. It's just functionality that I missed in my circumstances. (I'm even holding on to number 5 which was "please tell me which folders my plugins use to save it's stuff without asking me" because I know that one's a bit too silly to devote limited time towards)

Thanks for coming to my TED talk, I hope you have a wonderful day :)

suvinmusic
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:12 am

x

Re: Request: Plugin manager improvements

I think it would be nice to have a feature that...

jrikkerink
Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:42 pm

x

Re: Request: Plugin manager improvements

Good points indeed! I temporarily resolved th...

Return to “To Do”