Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
miles_t3hr4t
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:46 am

x

Patcher control surface GUI pinning for monitoring

This is a pretty simple one to explain.

Lets say I have a patcher, And in that patcher, I have multiple instances of Wavecandy, say, 5 of them, with the settings for how the visualizations will appear controlled in each instance, each Monitoring different aspects of a sound (Possible multiple inputs, such as a kick channel, and a sidechained bass channel, as the obvious examples, and various stages of mixing)

I'd like the visualization windows for those wavecandys To be pinned/pinnable to the patcher's control surface, so that they move with patcher, and are locked in orientation to eachother just like buttons, Including the ability for multiple wavecandy visualizer windows to overlap in the patcher (since they are transparent/can be). This way if you move patcher, They stay in patcher's control surface gui, If you close the patcher window, The wavecandy visualizers go away with it, and come back automatically when it is re-opened.

As it stands right now when you load wavecandy into patcher It still places that visualization as it's own window that is always on top even when everything else is closed, unless you manually hide that window, and, those windows are still static relative to patcher. This makes it difficult to make good patcher presets to share that include any kind of monitoring feature.

Obviously I do not mean for this to exclusively be wavecandy either, there just aren't a lot of visualization plugins because most fl tools already have such great visualization.

Return to “To Do”