Swap left and right channels on FPC Pad (Pre-Mixer)

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
JadeShocks
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:35 pm

x

Swap left and right channels on FPC Pad (Pre-Mixer)

Hey there!

I use FPC in lieu of other options like Superior Drummer for my kits, and I imagine some have ran into this issue before as well.
This issue stems specifically from the Joey Sturgis Drums packs, where they've panned the closed hat samples opposite of the open hat samples (I imagine for the sake of generating movement within the song), but this poses a problem when you want to have a pad assigned to Closed Hat, Pedal, and Open Hat, and you want to route them all to the same mixer channel so you can process all three the same (as you would a real Hi-Hat), as there isn't an option in FPC to Swap the Left and Right Channels as there is on the mixer.

The only real option is to pan the samples (affecting the stereo image negatively) or assigning the pad to it's own mixer track and swapping it there, then having an additional track to bus the three different types of hi-hat hits together.

It'd be extremely nice to see an option to swap the stereo channels directly in FPC rather than only having to route the pad to a mixer track to achieve that goal.

Additionally: It'd be really nice to have the ability to drag and drop multiple samples into a pad at once rather than having to drag and drop them one by one. I know in the long run I could drag/drop them and save a pad preset, to load in the future, but this greatly slows the creative process if you're trying to knock out a quick kit with varying samples for different velocities.

Return to “To Do”