Select unused mixer tracks button

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
FAKExSMILE
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:54 am

x

Select unused mixer tracks button

Yo! This is my first post on the image line forums.

I would love a feature that highlights mixer tracks that have zero instruments, audio files, or other tracks routed to them. To go along with this, the ability to set these unused mixer tracks to the default preset. Kind of similar to how you can select unused channels in the channel rack and alt+del them to get rid of them all at once. When I manually route instruments/samples to a mixer track (When I've forgotten to create an audio/instrument track from the playlist), I'll add effects to it, have the instrument/sample in my song for a while, decide it doesn't fit well, delete the instrument/sample, but I'll forget to clear the mixer track it was assigned to. So what ends up happening is I'll have a bunch of mixer tracks that have a bunch of effects on them and look like they are being used, but will have nothing routed to them. Because of this I will have to manually look at the channel rack, look at which track numbers are not listed, and default the mixer tracks one by one.

This isn't a problem if you create instrument and audio tracks on the playlist(since the corresponding mixer track gets deleted automatically when you delete to playlist track). But I am still very used to loading my instruments and samples from the channel rack and hitting the 'track' button at the top right of the plugin windows. So because of this, I will often run into the scenario above.

Edit: Carbinax reminded me that you can already set multiple mixer tracks to the default preset. So a 'select unused mixer tracks' option would work perfectly to clear up abandoned mixer tracks quickly.
Last edited by FAKExSMILE on Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tenpi
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:35 pm

x

Re: Select unused mixer tracks button

Just want to chime in here, I want this too. Th...

Cloud Ten
Thu May 11, 2023 1:41 pm

x

Dude. YES! I've been needing this feature for s...

orthearc
Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:29 pm

x

this could actually be such a time saver! Image...

Cloud Ten
Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:05 pm

x

Adding a reply so that they look at it more oft...

pararealist
Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:10 pm

x

FaBianB wrote: ↑Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:27 pm I pref...

Return to “To Do”