Select timeline without highlighting clips/notes

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Kaitav
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:10 am

x

Select timeline without highlighting clips/notes

Thought might be worth posting here as well.

Could this be implemented please: Select timeline region in Playlist and Piano Roll without selecting clips and notes respectively.

Implementation options: Shift + mouse left or right click drag. This currently does the same thing as right click drag on timeline and are redundant. Ideally, Shift + mouse click drag should be used for selecting timeline with clips and normal right click drag should be used for selecting timeline without clips.

Most of the times all you need is to highlight a region for looping, but with clips getting selected and especially when you are zoomed in you can accidentally right click on the clip causing it to be deleted and then having to undo and all. Otherwise you need to click somewhere else in the empty space to deselect the clips first. So instead of having to deselect clips every time, why select them in the first place?

Just try zooming in a region and and edit multiple clips in Playlist and you will realize the problem with clips getting selected. Clip selection when timeline is selected only makes sense when you want to "intentionally" move things from the region otherwise it is of no use. I am surprised I didn't mention this earlier despite getting frustrated with it since using FL Studio.

Hopefully this is easy enough to implement.

Thanks!

Milinor
Technical Support
Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:55 pm

x

Re: Select timeline without highlighting clips/notes

I think i saw a similar idea here about it. but...

Return to “To Do”