Edison VST or Keyboard Shortcuts for VSTi or Ableton Link

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
cizkek_
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:33 pm

x

Edison VST or Keyboard Shortcuts for VSTi or Ableton Link

I really really really need a way to use FL Studio together with other DAWs.

However, there are always obstacles and cons for each case of usage mentioned in the title.

What I really crave for is the fluency of editing audio in FL Studio so I can finally get back on working on my projects. Because, I want to use Bitwig for some other cool things but their arranger and editing capabilies are way too primitive except for some minor design choices.

First I learned that the VST versions of FLS plugins, most importantly in my case the Edison, is no longer supported and can not be purchased.

Then I thought, "Hey this VSTi idea is cool! Great job Image-Line team, why did I never use this before?!" Yet then I learn that it does not support keyboard shortcuts.

I feel like I'm facing a huge writers block because I can not get myself to adapt to these problems. I want to be able to chop and organize my recorded performance with the ease of ALT-R-CLICK preview and Edison's features without having to switch DAWs but I am unable to find a solution. Whenever I think about working on a track or have the urge, imagining about the chore of dealing with either Bitwig's primitive ways or lack of a way to sync FLS properly, turns me off.

I apologize for the rant and wall of text but I feel like FLS needs a better way to connect with other gear and tools available to us creatives.
The situation feels a lot familiar to how it is frustrating when an Apple user needs to collaborate with a Windows user, and end up facing a lot of (most of them childish and on purpose) incompatibilities.

I really appreciate how FLS can be used as a VSTi, its a brilliant idea. But at the same time the shortcut problem is a huge deal breaker.

I hope to hear from other fellow users and the Image-Line team. I appreciate any ideas about these issues. Thank you.

Return to “To Do”