Audio playthrough mode independant from tempo automation, same as video player

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
rapture237
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:50 pm

x

Audio playthrough mode independant from tempo automation, same as video player

Hi, I have a suggestion which is extermely important for me and I think many other FL Studio users.

Before linking the fl studio manual to me please be informed that I have already searched the forum for solutions and also opened a few different posts on the matter here and asked on the unofficial fl studio discord server and received answers from power users telling me that "fl studio doesn't handle the issue well" togheter with one workaround that I'll state below.

So here's what I want: I want an audio playthrough mode that is completely external from the playlist and the tempo automations, exactly like the video player does.
The reason I want this is that if I am scoring a video with tempo automation enabled in the playlist, and the audio of the video is imported in fl studio (for many different reasons including the possiblity to modify it), the audio will go out of sync with the video if I start the playthrough after a tempo automation has occurred. Film scoring is just an example and a clear one imo, we could also talk about collaborations, remixes etc.

There is one workaround that many users agree on and that is cutting the audio where the automation occurs, but that only works if the automation is instant ("hold" type automation point) and not continuus.

I hope that someone from Image Line sees this post and actually cares about this.
I've argued with my conservatory teacher who told me that I should use professional software like Logic or pro tools which are "industry standard" (his words) and I told him that any daw can do anything as long you know how to use it. Well an issue like this one I posted about, as small as some people might think, makes me step away from my statement. I really hope I'll be taken into consideration.

I don't need any extensive reply, just knowing that the issue is known will be fine with me.

Return to “To Do”