Consolidating: option to select target file, and more

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
BinaryBorn
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:00 pm

x

Consolidating: option to select target file, and more

Consolidating seems a cool feature. I mean, it is a cool feature, but it has potential. Recently there have been a lot of different ideas around, how consolidating could be improved by adding a few options. Even I posted such an idea recently, but I did so in the Looptalk thread Help me implementing audio consolidation into my "track mode" workflow. Now it occurred to me, that these ideas are probably better placed here. You know, where staff surely will see it.

Since every second idea somehow resembles another cool idea, I allow myself to consolidate a list of requested consolidation features and just add mine to the list:
  1. The consolidate dialog could offer a way to select the target file
  2. Record location could be selected [1]
    • Mixer input
    • Post effects
    • Post EQ
    • Post level and panning
    • Post track
    • Post master
  3. Import options [2]
    • As Audio Clip routed to master (current behaviour)
    • Audio Clip routed to source mixer track
    • New Audio Track
  4. Resulting grouping [3]
    • Group with source track, as head (current behaviour)
    • Group with source track
    • Ungrouped

As I said, there have been a lot of feature requests concerning consolidating. But despite that, there haven't been many reactions by staff.

[1] "recording position" has also been requested e.g. here and here by juhok2000 and by Vincent Zauhar

[2] re-routing has also been requested e.g. here and here and here by juhok2000, by Sonny Costa, by Vincent Zauhar, by Antistatic (if I'm not mistaken) and probably many times more

[3] grouping behaviour changes have also been requested e.g. here by DjNotSo and here by melodiamela

Return to “To Do”