My suggestions for improvement as a mix engineer.

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
etteluorlatnem96
Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:42 am

x

My suggestions for improvement as a mix engineer.

Fl Studio is my first and favorite DAW, but when it came time to mix tracks for clients at some stage I simply had to switch to Reaper. Fl Studio has a lot of potential and I really appreciate the workflow, but at the same time by its structure it is very cumbersome to do editing and advanced mixing.

My suggestions:

- the make unique feature has always been a hassle for me, when editing you have to use it constantly, audio clips should be much more independent especially when editing volume (clip gain, fades) and changing pitch and stretching elements,

- basic functions NewTime, NewTone and Edison should be implemented directly into the playlist without unnecessary routing through the mixer. They have great potential, but honestly they are just hard to use this way, too much clicking,

For example, if I want to improve the pitch of a word and stretch it, and I want to do it quickly on the playlist, I have to cut a section of the vocal, select 'make unique as sample', select e2 mono mode, change pitch, select pitch mode on the playlist, stretch, turn off strech mode and change decliking mode again. It takes forever, in other programs it is 2 clicks. Fix it, please!

- In my opinion Fl Studio should have 'Mix' or 'Tracks' mode. In this mode playlist tracks should be directly connected to the mixer, the ability to create groups and subgroups on the playlist, which will be reflected in the mixer, automation of parameters on groups should appear under the group and not in a random place on the playlist.

I realize that Fl Studio is structured differently and that makes it unique. I really appreciate the playlist as an empty canvas, but when it comes to mixing and routing, it needs more organization.

- More FX mixer slots. I know there is a Patcher, but 10 slots is pretty low,

- Regions on the playlist,

- The possibility to copy effects from one insert to another, but without changing the color or the name. Easy dragging the effects between the mixer inserts would be a great improvement.

- ARA for Melodyne

Thanks.
Last edited by etteluorlatnem96 on Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “To Do”