Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
PolyEdge
Thu May 12, 2022 10:15 am

x

MIDI Import Pitch Bend Range (again)

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, I am not familiar with this place (:

I've recently been trying to import MIDI files that have pitch bends, but FL refuses to do anything but map the entire range of all pitch bend messages to 2 semitones, even when the range is set higher with CC messages.

After reading here, here, and here, I found no clear solution, so I decided to make a new topic.

I'm assuming after all this time that the problem remains unfixed because the event editor measures in absolute pitch, while the MIDI pitch bend messages are relative to the pitch bend range CC (#6).

Currently, importing all 16,384 possible pitch bend values as a 400 cent range not only crushes the data accuracy 40-fold, but it doesn't make any sense as FL studio exports MIDI files with a range of 12 semitones by default.

I understand the event editor is fairly dated now with automation superseding it, but it would be nice to see the MIDI importer import with a pitch range of ±1200 cents instead of ±200. This obviously doesn't fix the lack of support for the pitch bend range CC (#6), however this would at least make FL able to read MIDIs it exports properly and make it easier to scale up imported pitch bends manually.

Thank you for reading (:

Return to “To Do”