Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
NextDAW
Fri May 13, 2022 9:49 pm

x

Quick access "Search Within Folder" function for new browser

:idea: Feature Suggestion: Limit Search Scope to Current Folder

How can users limit their browser search scopes to only search within the currently selected/open folder (and its subfolders) without having to first create a new tab, just for that task?

For example, with the old browser, the user could simply Press 'Shift + F' ('Smart find in selected folder...') or alternatively right-click and select that same function.

Previous Functionality - Smart Find in Selected Folder.png

This was (and remains) my most frequently used and favourite search method and I'm finding that the additional step of having to first create a new tab, for each time that I want to limit the search scope down to only a specific set of folders, to be more counterproductive and less streamlined within the new browser, than previously.

i.e. Having to create new tabs for each limited search is on average taking longer and is visually more convoluted (having to swap between different tabs) than the previous method. Also, once such limited scope searches are completed, the user now also needs to then delete the new tab (since it is no longer needed) to prevent the browser tabs from becoming too overcrowded.

So, instead of, currently...

1. Right-click relevant folder > Select: 'Open in New Tab'
2. Conduct limited-scope search
3. Right-click new tab > select Delete tab (Since tab is no longer required)

Perhaps, you could conveniently add an additional button next to the new search bar to enable a "Limit search to currently selected folder" functionality?

This way, the previous "limited scope" functionality could be seamlessly restored back into the new browser and might even prove to be a more streamlined operation than it was previously.

1. Enable the button to limit the search to the selected folder.
2. Conduct limited search.

Limit Search Scope to Current Folder.png
Or, is there perhaps any other way to reproduce the previous 'search scope' functionality in the new browser (without creating new tabs each time) that I may have overlooked?

Thanks. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”