Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Michael Dow
Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:13 am

x

Selecting Audio or Instrument track - ideas for the track header

Hi yaa.

Currently the implementation is a little clunky and click heavy

Firstly, you could probably get rid of the "track mode" drop down part of the menu, and just put "unassigned" "audio track" and "instrument track" On the main right click menu of the track header. That gets rid of one extra click already. They don't need to be hidden.

Secondly, when choosing an Audio track, it first asks you for a mixer track to put it in. That's fine, but why not just have a dropdown/side arrow when selecting one of these mixer inserts, which then gives us the next menu of which input we want to choose? That would mean we don't have to then go back and go through the menu system again to now choose an audio interface input.

Also, the playlist track header could change to a totally new type of header, which has it's own visible and clickable drop down box for audio interface input selection (like most DAWs do i think?). And the mixer channel can also be on this new track header. Actually it could be on all of the track headers perhaps. With a button to hide/show.

While we're at it. Can we please have re-sizable track header widths soon. I've asked before, but was told to "not write essays". I think you can only fit 13 characters in the space when zoomed out. Hardly an essay. And when using large orchestral libraries, which is growing in popularity hugely it seems, you have many variations of the same instrument, which need clear naming so that when you double click one of the track headers to record notes, you click the right one. You don't want to second guess it's the right one based on some chopped down code version of the instrument type and articulation. you want to be able to read the name.

:D

Return to “To Do”