GOSH - pLUGIN mANAGER needs dates column (FOR USERS WITH MANY PLUGINS) :D

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
jesussaddle
Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:58 am

x

GOSH - pLUGIN mANAGER needs dates column (FOR USERS WITH MANY PLUGINS) :D

I think some of us from time to time would like to know what the age is of plugins that are causing problems or are not installed. (We already are shown the folder location.) Please add an "installed date" (or whatever date you programmers can manage). When plugins don't install correctly or get duplicated it might help to know which plugin was installed (evidently with errors), and when. I can always go to the "file location" column and investigate - but I don't think a date column would make things cluttered since it could be placed at the far right - and the columns are resizable. The difference is that if I had a date column I would more quickly understand, seeing multiple pieces of info at once. As it is now I navigate around and can come to an understanding but its not as cool as seeing the date scan was ok/error (maybe that's the primary date info I need).

My experience is that FL is one of the best DAWs when it comes to this. Almost flawless. But I did need to move a copy of UVI plugin (Spark) to a new folder - leaving the original in its place. The new location got scanned and installed, the original never was. This happened with some Ujam plugins.

Side note - I have "combine 32 & 64 bit versions of a plugin" unchecked. But there's a plugin sitting there that says neither ok or error, and on inspection it says it is a combined version. I imagine one of the 2 has an error and the other doesn't? Assuming I could split those and see them in plugin manager, I would also like to see a date. There's probably a way to split it but I didn't ask support.

Kudos for showing us the Location of the plugin BTW - it makes the plugin manager a joy to use.

Return to “To Do”