(I've had a great idea) - customizable macros for drop down menus as a form of automation for small tasks that you do

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
dudiross
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:22 pm

x

(I've had a great idea) - customizable macros for drop down menus as a form of automation for small tasks that you do

Hear me out on this one:

I find myself on a daily basis doing some super repetitive clicking tasks
eg record a new audio clip, then click audio clip menu -> 'make unique as a sample' -> change stretch mode to 'stretch pro' -> 'normalise' -> change declicking to 'generic (bleeding)'

And many other things like this...

Imagine we had an option on that audio clip drop down menu that had 'macros' on it - I have saved my macro for all of these - maybe I have saved it as 'audio clip basic prep' or whatever - I click on that and it does all of these processes instantly in one click!
This would be epic! Would be a HUGE time saver and make the process much less tedious and less annoying!

How would we save a macro preset?
Well we could have a list of functions, and select them, but FL already has a great 'record automation' tool when it comes to MIDI - you can press record and it will record any knob movement etc
I imagine we could 'record macro' and then you simply do the steps you need, and then press 'stop record' and boom! you have a beautiful custom macro!
What do you guys think?

Return to “To Do”