"Associate" playlist tracks with patterns

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Michael Dow
Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:37 am

x

"Associate" playlist tracks with patterns

For want of a better term it could be cool to "associate" a playlist track with a chosen pattern.

In this instance below. I've setup a "Violins 1" and a "Violins 2" section in the playlist.

Now it's very handy to double click a playlist track, and be able to play the instrument contained, but to record it into a pattern, of course it will go to whatever one is selected at the time. I've found having a separate pattern for every single instrument/articulation can get a bit out of hand quickly, so thought why not record each articulation of an instrument within ONE pattern. So all violin 1 artics will record in that "violin 1" pattern. This is all well and good but if you forget to click the pattern, it will record any old place.

If you could set it so that any recording you do while that channel/playlist track is selected then it will always record into that pattern. This would save time when you accidentally record a pass, including CC expression and dynamics and sustain pedal automation into the wrong track. When this happens you either have to undo your recording, or copy and paste each separate thing into the correct piano roll. Which is a little annoying. This is the same problem when using a separate pattern per playlist track too.

It could be called "Asscociate this track with (enter pattern name here)" Or "Record all input into (insert pattern name here) by default"
ASSOCIATE.png
i'm just riffing here so bare with me, and open to it being a shit idea too for whatever reasons you can say
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”