Slide notes should have a tension/curve shape, either in their Note Properties, or globally in Misc functions>Polyphony

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Voden
Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:45 pm

x

Slide notes should have a tension/curve shape, either in their Note Properties, or globally in Misc functions>Polyphony

I LOVE slide notes as a feature, but they sound very flat and dead when they slide. It's the most unnaturally linear sound. The longer the note, the more obvious it is, and there's no way to fix it. It's sad that such an easy to use feature leaves out one of the most important thing from a sliding pitch - which is positive and negative tension. No instrument is so linear. There's always tension one way or another.

Sadly, I'm stuck doing things the hard way and creating a unique envelope in my timeline for each time I want a note to slide... and I can forget using note colors and targeting just one note. That's no longer an option if I want tension.

On the upside, this solution WORKS, but it's very difficult. I don't know if this would be useful to others, but it would be useful to me and I'm sure anyone who uses slide notes would appreciate it. Pitch shifts with a quick entry and slow release sound very pleasing.
Last edited by Voden on Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “To Do”