Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
tentonnetongue
Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:54 pm

x

Automation in the Piano Roll

Update: 2023-05-05
Just wanna update I'm totally fine using automation clips in the Playlist although it is slower than having the freedom to articulate dynamics curves in the Piano Roll itself while I am composing. 🤷‍♂️ What can you do? These guys are probably busy. I guess what I'm saying is I'm not really in a rush for a feature like this because automation clips are functionally acceptable. It might even seem a waste of time because of how simple automation clips are. Plus, I think it actually makes more sense because if you cut the pattern (as sometimes I do or grouping multiple patterns to make a new one) you'd end up with chopped curves you'd need to go through within the pattern. You'd need to click around between Playlist and Piano Roll to access each curve then switch between instruments within the Piano Roll if you have more than one with dynamics articulation instead of having all the automation clips visible on their respective tracks in the Playlist. With tracks labelled for each instrument... I actually oppose this idea now. 😅

Original post: Sep 18, 2022 4:54 pm
The little section where we can edit note velocity should also have an extended feature to use vector point automation just as the playlist has.

Instead of creating "automation clips" on the playlist I want to have my piano roll open and have the option to automate the individual notes taking into account their length.

This would be unequivocally useful when editing dynamics of instruments like the violin to force a more smooth transition instead of using block towers.

I hate the block towers. I can't copy/paste value; The blocks split into different sizes; The effect spills over to any future clip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tentonnetongue on Fri May 05, 2023 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sinistrail
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:54 pm

x

Re: Automation in the Piano Roll

I too am of the idea that automation clips and ...

tentonnetongue
Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:52 pm

x

Definitely wasn't aware of doing that. I also h...

BmaddFL
Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:04 am

x

kellybradenwilkinson wrote: ↑Sun Sep 18, 2022 1...

SpagHeddy
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:20 am

x

"block towers" lmao i agree tho, other than f...

prabalagrawal
Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:18 am

x

I asked this a while ago when I had problems wi...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andreypetr
Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:56 am

x

prabalagrawal wrote: ↑Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:18 am ...

tentonnetongue
Fri May 05, 2023 10:02 pm

x

Just wanna update I'm totally fine using automa...

KJinx101
Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:55 am

x

tentonnetongue wrote: ↑Fri May 05, 2023 10:02 p...

Nayah9
Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:11 pm

x

KJinx101 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:55 am The h...

KJinx101
Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:47 pm

x

Nayah9 wrote: ↑Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:11 pm You're...

Return to “To Do”