Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
parrik.flp
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:15 pm

x

Linking mixer channels, playlist tracks and instruments

Hey,

I built a habit of assigning each mixer channel to a audio track so instruments, mixer channels and playlist rows are linked to one another.
I'd like to be able to do the same with the master since all automation curves are automatically placed in a group below the track in the playlist, which is very convenient and offers making collapsing whole groups easier.
my project structure with links.png

I like the workflow to right click a mixer channel, press a to assign, right click on the control you wanna automate, press a and voila! Automation curve added in a tidy fashion. That would be sick to have it be possible for the master as well.
assign.png

Also it would be cool to have all other automation curves that control FL itself and not a plugin or channel (like the master tempo), to be placed under the master playlist group then as well.
general control.png

And my second thought is that it's currently pretty tedious to assign a mixer track for waves or consolidated sounds to a playlist track since you have to navigate this menu.
playlist track to mixer link.png
I think in most cases you want to assign the playlist track to the next best unused mixer channel, similar to when you press "Assign to new Instrument Track" in the right click menu of instruments in the channel rack. I'd just like to have the ability to press right click and then press A to create this link without having to skim through a menu of dozens of entries.
I'm aware that the shortcut A in that menu currently auto names the track, but I'd argue that it's more consistent with the rest of the app if that would be replaced with linking to a new instrument track.

I'm curious what other users think :)
Cheers!

PS: I hope that wasn't too rambly ^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”