FL studio 20 needs a FLM converter

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Sharpee
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:58 am

x

FL studio 20 needs a FLM converter

I use both fl mobile and fl studio 20 and a huge issue I have is that when I get home and I want to work on a project I've been working inside my phone (while outside home) I can't simply convert the flm file into an flp and work around it.

I do think this would be an amazing feature, specially since the capabilities of fl mobile are near limited.

FL mobile has taken huge steps to match the power of the pc version, but if we are being honest, it barely compares to it. For examples:

* It is impossible to utilize 3rd party plugins

* The mixing and mastering capabilities are feeble compared to fl studio 20. Most instruments sound low quality and barebones

* You cannot save the whole mix of an instrument in fl mobile as a preset

* you cannot save the piano rolls as scores (midi sucks because you cannot save slides and usually gets messed up in the process.

* FL Mobile lacks PC keyboard commands. For example Ctrl + A (select all) or Shift + down (lower volume)
It would be great if you could add more keyboard commands for laptop users!

* Repeating a pattern in fl mobile can lag it and make either stop sounding or keep sounding a note long after it was played.

Likewise, shortening a pattern will cause glitches in the instrument

* slides in fl mobile have a huge issue in placement (no, changing the time signature wont fix it I tried it)

* changing the volume and panning of an instrument is unnecessarily hard. For example, if you so mere as touch the panning slider, you cannot undo that action so you have to try your best to put it where it was. Sometimes I'm trying to match the volume of an instrument to another one but I cant even do that precisely. This is an easy fix. just allow the user to change the volume of an instrument in percentage (as an option of course)

Also, for pc users of fl mobile allow us to use the scroller in the mouse to change the volume!

there are other countless things to complain about, but I think I got my point across. I do wanna make clear that I'm not saying that fl mobile is bad, in fact I love it! I just want to show some of its shortcomings to sell the idea of flm conversion. Fl mobile, both in fl studio 20 and as a standalone aren't good enough, specially because it's the app itself that has alot of the issues fl studio 20 doesn't. Because of that, fl conversion would be such amazing feature.

[Topic moved by Milinor]
Last edited by Sharpee on Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

nucleon
Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:41 pm

x

Re: FL studio 20 needs a FLM converter

Hi. A better way to import FL Studio Mobile pro...

Sharpee
Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:48 pm

x

Re: FL studio 20 needs a FLM converter

nucleon wrote: ↑Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:41 pm Hi. A ...

Return to “To Do”