Make unique

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Nicronix
Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:46 am

x

Make unique

Hi, I think i have good solution for how to handle the unique clips.

If you refer to the video earlier in this thread you see pattern 1 four times in first row then pattern 2 four times in the second row and downwards in playlist.

Pattern 1 1 1 1
Pattern 2 2 2 2
Pattern 3 3 3 3

What if instead of making them a totally new pattern we could have a unique sub pattern that will let's say you have pattern 1 and you put one more of pattern 1 it becomes 1:2 and another one it becomes 1:3 and it doesn't show up as a new pattern but as sub pattern which you can access either by clicking on it or by right clicking the pattern 1 from the side of playlist and find it there.

Playlist would look like this:
Pattern 1 1:2 1:3 1:4
Pattern 2 2:2 2:3 2:4
Pattern 3 3:2 3:3 3:4

No clustering pattern view and easy to find if you loose pattern let's say 1:53 if you have that many unique pattern 1 clips because you know you are looking for something related to pattern 1.

I love fl studio but this unique "problem" is what drives me towards Ableton live more where everything is unique. If we want the exact same pattern or audio clip twice we can always just copy the original. I find that i click unique so much that it should be the other way around, there should be a button to link instead of making unique in my opinion. I think it's time that fl studio takes their throne for not only being the best sounding&UI daw but also greatest for workflow. Unique Sub patterns, linked audio (if you want) and a button for making everything unique in settings and we are there. I'm charing for you guys !

I know this might not be the end solution but I think the idea is a good starting point 😃

Nicolas

gunsho
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:41 pm

x

Re: Make unique

that just makes it more complicated imo but i d...

Return to “To Do”