Fl mobile. Quality of life.

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Reggaemetal
Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:29 pm

x

Fl mobile. Quality of life.

A: an .FLM player or a listen mode in FLM4. (This is precontext to weather or not (B:), and (C:) are achievable, or if it would save on CPU.) If a separate player app is feasible, I would at least like to see it be able to have Velocity faders for the mixer. I wouldn't expect full mixing functionality from it.

B: a off screen mode / listen mode in FLM4. (that could be enabled and disabled.)
1: so that a phone can be pocketed without turning faders, knobs, and moving things.
2: to save screen from screen burn and possibly battery life from extensive listening sessions.

C: Ear Bud Controls.
1: the main one I can think of is the pause button. (For the most part the volume rocker works. I think any time that bugs may be due to the Ear Bud Software.)

Reasons for these updates, in case they may inspire other similar functions.
1: hands free driving Laws and safety. Driving at night the screen on is distracting. The new themes help in combination with low brightness settings, but is still a distraction. It also brings unwanted attention 👮‍♂️
2: being able to listen on the go and save space from renders and many renditions of each unfinished project.
3: being in a position where I'm working on a project but have chores or something pop up in the middle of a session, I can then pocket my phone and still listen.

advantages of a separate app vs a new mode though I would rather the mode within FLM4, I would be willing to pay for such an app. Others might too if it's within their budget.
1: Save CPU usage (if any)
2: Save on ROM (and RAM, if any)
3: Playlists for unrendered .FLM files. (Midi files ETC as well if suitable)
4: novelty functions like visualizations that are not vital to the music production process.

The only problem I imagine with a separate app, is the androids scoped storage function. I'm unsure if another application could access FLM4s scoped storage. But I'm not a coder.

Thanks for your consideration!

Return to “To Do”