Improved Channel Control. (illustration pics included!)

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Deamzcatcher
Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:47 am

x

Improved Channel Control. (illustration pics included!)

It took me a while to make this idea visible, and not for nothing (I hope), because I believe (I know!) that the mixer channels tend to mislead when it comes to fine (yet very important) adjustments, and this is place where the "semi-pro" fail and start to use (overuse) EQ, Compression and whatsoever dynamic processor. it will take them awhile to understand that they waste time searching after the "golden tools" while the answer was simple yet pretty hidden/ lack of attention.

I have seen some newbies at work, their master channel screams *HELP ME! I'm bleeding to death!*

so I hope this idea will save the newbies and the semi-pros from using unnecessary sound processors and actually give more attention to the Volume fader & the PANorama knob!

to make x10 better mixes!

what is it all about?
The idea:

when you press on the "Channel Edit" (or whatever you will to call it), a large "Control Channel" (better name?) will apear to help you control the Volume and Pan in depth with big faders & RMS & Peak metter! (It will be very helpfull to have more panning modes like in cubase as well)

Fine Tuning: (hold shift button for even more flexible, slow adjustment.)

with Rough adjustment, you make fast musical adjustments, yet very easily because of the big fader.
Then for perfect fit, pressing "Fine" will let you see +-6 db fader adjustment (or 12 -18, you can choose in the setting).

there is also setting to choose the "Pan law" but it isn't enough for correct paning...I think paning is one of the must important tools for a perfect mix and a perfect loop as well, therefor we need 1-2 more panning modes.

the bottom line is:
The must important things, should be attractable and adjustable, to gain more attention and understanding from the newbies/semi-pros and pros as well.

I hope that you like and understand the importance of this idea.

Cheers.

Dion
Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:15 am

x

I don't understand why having the ability to fi...

Deamzcatcher
Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:22 pm

x

I have been there 10 years ago before I started...

Dion
Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:42 pm

x

Well, I made a lot of mixes in Cubase (since I ...

Deamzcatcher
Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:10 pm

x

Mr Dion, I can archive the very best mix with f...

wizanda
Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:11 pm

x

Agree with understanding what you are looking a...

hermann
Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:30 pm

x

The first track that I mixed in cubase was x100...

Deamzcatcher
Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:01 pm

x

hermann wrote:The first track that I mixed in c...

Return to “To Do”