Some UI little ideas

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
JPT
Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:03 pm

x

Some UI little ideas

1. It would be nice if the track selected in the mixer would be more easily distiguishable instead of just highlighting the label (a selection box?). Sometimes I find it hard to know what's the track i'm monitoring when there are many labels with different colors. In the same fashion, it would be nice if the pattern selected in the playlist would distinguish more with a selection box instead of the orange-colored font. When I set custom colors for the patterns in the playlist, it becomes confusing.

2. I would also like if the step sequencer showed the name and the number of the pattern selected (like it is implemented now in the playlist).

3. The playing position indicator in the playlist and piano roll should be a straight line all the way from the top to the bottom (not just an orange down-arrow in the top and a highlighting of the beat being played), like all other sequencer programs or like the FL own's step sequencer or piano roll preview tool. It would be much easier to know exactly what is playing, especially in audio clips and automation clips.

These are some ideas. Please post more if you'd like FL's UI improved somehow.

altf13
Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:12 am

x

+o.66 1. and 2. I agree with totally. 3. woul...

Thewirehead
Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:07 am

x

The first two are good ideas, the third one NO ...

JPT
Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:23 am

x

I also like the idea of big faders in the mixer...

Return to “To Do”