FlexiDesign

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
sbussard
Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:16 am

x

FlexiDesign

Well it is obvious that the FL team has their work cut out or them each time around. They get more suggestions because they keep delivering. But the problem is that the expectations of the users have grown faster than the development team.

Maybe the FL team should look into making a way to "Develop your own features" in FL. I'm sure there are many programmers out there just chomping at the bit to make their own customizations to FL. Well Steinberg release VST technology, what is FL going to do? There is obviously a need for it.

Look at the company Steam: they built a programming engine, not just a single video game. Now there are many hard hitting video games out on that platform, such as counterstrike source and halflife 2.

Image Line could make an audio platform IDE for programmers on one hand and take the best of the ideas that they see along with some of their own ideas to make an entirely new product that surpasses anything we could think of at this point in time. Native Instruments gave us Reaktor, but they have other products that are hard hitters that are more closed.

FL doesn't need to go open source to achieve the sort of customization that it should have, the developers just needs to stop insisting on doing all of the work themselves and give the users a shot.

jmc
Site Admin
Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:19 am

x

Just search 'SynthMaker' in this forum

gol
Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:40 pm

x

Well Steinberg release VST technology, what is ...

hermann
Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:51 pm

x

gol wrote:Well Steinberg release VST technology...

sbussard
Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:46 pm

x

*released I meant to say. But yeah, the FL tea...

jmc
Site Admin
Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:18 pm

x

sbussard wrote:Does this make sense? Did you se...

sbussard
Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:37 am

x

Yep, and I didn't see anything that seemed rele...

Return to “To Do”