Direct Wave: rocket science or just a sampler?

Discuss & Share DirectWave content here

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
mattyg123
Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:20 am

x

Direct Wave: rocket science or just a sampler?

I own every Image Line plugin - I bought the full bundle about a year ago. I have learned how to use everything fairly quickly - I have been a musician for over 25 years and I work with a computer for a living, as many people do, so I'd definitely say I have the skills necessary to learn and understand how to use all of this stuff. I think the only program that I do not use is Direct Wave, and that's because it just seems unnecessarily complicated, a real creativity killer. Is this just me? Does anyone else start getting frustrated the minute they start trying to use this thing? I don't mean that it's just like beyond my comprehension, but I guess it's just the combination of its various attributes - the user interface looks like early 1980's DOS, I keep waiting for a "C prompt"; and the font is so tiny, I mean I know I'm old but I'm like 35 not 75, so I feel like I shouldn't be bitching about tiny font for at least another decade or two.
Today I was looking for a particular sound, so I reluctantly, after trying everything else first, opened up direct wave and started looking through all these samples that I never use, and then I found what I was looking for and got excited, and I opened the sample "program" and "mapped" the keyboard and all that good stuff, but then I tried to play and I got nothing. I checked the MIDI settings to make sure the keyboard was set for the same channel that the "program" was, and of course it was, but no sound ... I didn't get mad and throw my monitor out the window like I wanted to (I got in a little bit of trouble the last time I did that) ... instead I decided to come here to this forum and vent a little ... I'm sure nobody ever visits the Direct Wave thread anyway, so I figured I'd just talk it out here in private ... and I feel a little better, you know, I mean I'm not even sure I remember what type of patch I was looking for anyway ...

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”