Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
sdh
Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:05 pm

x

Re: FL STUDIO 13: Your ideas, wishlist, suggestions, etc.

Labelwhore wrote:
xtazy222 wrote:Please bring back pattern blocks!
why?

The new way has all the functionality of pattern blocks but is more flexible.
I hated to see them go too, I like what I can do without them and use that most often now, but there are things with the blocks that can be way, way faster and open some doors people may not be using. One of the ways I used to use them (just one of the ways) was I would have an instrument cloned and let's just say one chord on each of 3 different blocks/tracks/channels and say the chords were G,C,D. I could just very easily drag them around and set up different progressions, work on the rest of song and if I decided the order should be changed, I can see that very easily and clearly and if I've done the same with several instruments I can see that I have changed all of them the same (since the chord changes will look like a line ramping up and down) and that's easier than having to go in each piano roll and change the notes there and it's more visual than having separate tracks of chords, but the only visual being the name of the track way over on the left. So I kind of used the blocks like a piano roll I guess you could say, that or maybe more accurate like the step sequence, but the piano roll or step sequencer in this case is actually the blocks and I can change chords or harmonized notes and see that I've changed all the voices the same. Hope I explained that in a way that makes at least a little sense.

Also, having the blocks made it much easier if I had someone needing to play guitar or whatever along with what I had, and if they said, "let's change that last G to D" all I needed to do was click a D in and click the G out, then the person playing could play along, see the changes if need be and for some people I've worked with (many that never, ever use anything like FL) could make sense of it and follow it easier. Like if I get a singer in and they want to easily see chord changes then the blocks are like looking at the step sequencer...easy and self explanatory, I don't want to distract the singer any more than necessary especially if they are harmonizing and need a visual of the notes, blocks are easier for their eyes and brain...it's basic and simple. I've noticed that with people, if they aren't into ever using FL or a DAW they can follow blocks better than tracks in the timeline.

There are other ways I used the blocks that may be able to be done other ways, but a few of the things blocks could do were going to be easier to picture and easier and faster to use. Some of the type music I used to make with the blocks would just be too much extra work now and so I've shifted, maybe gained more than I lost, but it would be nice for them to be there. They were available as legacy for a version or two, would adding them back in like that be a bunch of coding?

Either way, there are some things people used them for things that the new way may be able to do but will never be as easy or help in visualizing some of the song structure for some uses/some people.

droidika
Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:36 pm

x

Re: FL STUDIO 12.x/13: Your ideas, wishlist, suggestions, et

Dear Image-line team and community. I hope my E...
Last edited by droidika on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ayjent
Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:12 pm

x

This is an update of my suggested playlist opti...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ayjent on Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

WiseLabs
Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:11 pm

x

Bungles McFungus wrote: Find and delete unused ...
Last edited by WiseLabs on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”