Invalid pointer operation

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Sietse99
Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:24 pm

x

Invalid pointer operation

Hello,

2 weeks ago, I was working on my project (in the latest FL studio) and I was going to export my project to a wav. file
Unfortunately when I pressed export, my computer gave the error ''invalid pointer operation''
After this error fl studio freezes completely...
How can I solve this issue?

I already tried to find the solution
Below a list of all my attempts to solve the problem:

- Rebooting Windows (doesnt matter safe mode or a clean boot) and reloading the project doesn't solve the problem
- Exporting to a zipped package and then opening the project is also not the solution to my problem
- Deleting all the free sample packs I downloaded from cynematics (I used a few samples in the project and some presets for serum) and replace them by vegeance samples again doesn't solve the problem.

- When I looked in the project for the problem I quickly came to the conclusion that serum was ''bugged''
It caused a huge amount of crackles and pops and I can't change or delete the vst because then I get the error ''access violation at adress 000000000971D04F in module fruity wraper_x64.dll. Read of adress FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF (I also get this problem if I try to go to the process tab from the plugin)
I tried a lot of things to solve this:
1. I reinstalled fl studio again - didn't solve (first to an older version 12.1.3 and then to the latest again)
2. I reinstalled serum again - didn't solve
3. I deleted the latest windows updates - didn't solve

I mentioned later that I also get the invalid pointer operation error when changing ANY knob in the audio settings.
SO, maybe my 2i2 is the problem of the invalid operation.
- my speakers keep after the first error popping and crackling while I am for example watching youtube videos.
My latency settings from the 2i2 driver are as high as possible. Still I have like 800(!) underruns in my project.
I tried to:
1. reinstall the driver - didn't solve the problem
2. replug every cable to my 2i2 - didn't solve
3. downloaded the bios of my motherboard and installed the realtek audio driver (but this maked things even worse because the program didn't find my 2i2... so at that moment I had no audio)
4. triple buffer - but i still can't export to wav. file and the serum vst is still ''bugged'', at least in this case the amount of underruns drops considerably.

But, the most strange of this error is that the invalid operation only occurs in the 64-bit version, so I can export in the 32-bit version.
The other error I obtained in the 64-bit version when opening the serum processing file ''access violation at adress 000000000971D04F in module fruity wraper_x64.dll. Read of adress FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF did also dissapear
So atm I can produce in the 32-bit version, but the memory is almost to its limit (because FL studio 32-bit doesnt allow the memory to go above 4GB), but the annoying pops and cracks are still there....

All my plugins are purchased and my computer is very fast
specs:
CPU: i5 3.30ghz processor
Motherboard : B85-G41 PC Mate
RAM: 16 GB
MEMORY: 146GB free SSD (of 237GB)

Is this problem solvable?
I look forward to hearing from you

FidelityMusic
Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:08 pm

x

Re: Invalid pointer operation

Hello Sietse99, Are you using several third pa...

Sietse99
Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:02 pm

x

Hello FidelityMusic, Thank you for your respons...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FidelityMusic
Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:02 pm

x

Does it matter what Audio Device(s) you're swit...

Sietse99
Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:24 am

x

Hello FidelityMusic, Unfortunately it doesn't m...

FidelityMusic
Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:32 pm

x

You can send the project to techsupport@image-l...

Sietse99
Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:00 am

x

Hello FidelityMusic, Manually resetting the fl ...

Scott
Site Admin
Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:27 pm

x

Sietse99 wrote:Have u received the project? Si...

FidelityMusic
Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:40 pm

x

Hello Seietse99, Sorry for the delay. I've bee...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sietse99
Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:11 pm

x

Hello Fidelitymusic, Thank u for testing my pro...

FidelityMusic
Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:46 pm

x

As far as the memory test plugin goes, you simp...

Sietse99
Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:32 am

x

Hello FidelityMusic, I felt the invalid pointe...

FidelityMusic
Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:20 pm

x

Thank you for the update. If the problem reoccu...

JamesNLol
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:03 am

x

Apologies for the bump, but just wanted to say ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”