Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Gordonlc
Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:50 pm

x

Music Theory question.. Also Midi controller question

Hello. I'm planning on taking some music courses this summer and there are three that I would like to take but I can only choose two with my schedule. I have already decided that I want to take audio productions so I'm deciding between taking music theory or MUSIC140(beginning piano class). I'm not entirely sure what music theory is all about so if anyone could explain it to me, that would be helpful. If that wasn't clear enough on what I need help with; Which of those two classes would make my work better in FL. I hear that knowing how to play instruments is really helpful when making songs but I rarely find myself using my three years of saxaphone knowledge to make songs lol besides knowing what scale or key to stay in.

Also I have an axiom 25 that I got for FL but I found myself rarely using it at all because I just got use to clicking in the notes in piano roll and plus whenever I record with the controller, I need to go back anyways to put it in the correct spot or fix the note which pretty much contradicts the purpose of buying it. Is there any other reason that I would need to use this other than recording in piano roll? If not, anyone interested in buying an axiom 25 hardly ever used, get at me! VST trades accepted as well :P

bongo fury
Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:12 am

x

.if your background on the sax was within the c...

davidbuhau
Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:18 am

x

it never hurts to acquire as much musical knowl...

Gordonlc
Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:20 am

x

thanks for the responses. bongo fury wrote:.if ...

DavidD.
Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:48 am

x

G_Lewis_C wrote:I plan to record atleast the pe...

Gordonlc
Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:21 am

x

DavidD. wrote:G_Lewis_C wrote:I plan to record ...

Full_Mooner
Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:44 pm

x

Unfortunately, music theory can be somewhat dif...

DavidD.
Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:45 pm

x

G_Lewis_C wrote:DavidD. wrote:G_Lewis_C wrote:I...

Maranello
Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:19 pm

x

DavidD. wrote: lol, one of the harder things wo...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”